Monday, February 2, 2009

Like Father, Like Daughter..

So today I got The Letter. From Lisey's teacher. Informing me that she isn't getting her work done because she keeps spacing out daydreaming and just doesn't seem to understand time constraints. That she's very smart and can do the work, she just doesn't, and then says she'll just finish at home and doesn't understand why that isn't acceptable.

Of course, I was upset. I was worried. I was trying to figure out a plan and think of what to say to her and what I could do to get her back on track.

Erik read the letter and started laughing so hard tears were running down his face.

Because apparently this is the SAME LETTER his parents received at least once a year, sometimes twice, from grades K-7. It is the mother's curse - he has a child JUST LIKE HIM.

Gaaaaaah....

1 comment:

La said...

I'm a little behind-the-times, but hey I like your new blog name!!

And this post rings way too close to home. My daughter Lindsay had some very similar concerns from her teacher, and my ex-hubby (her dad) Eric relates with her as well.

:) Smile! Your daughter will be just fine (I have to keep telling myself that too!).