Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bad Weekend

I started getting a migraine on Friday and by Saturday morning I was in bad shape. We were supposed to go to Atlantic City on Saturday, but I kept throwing up everytime I tried to move. It was awful. I finally crawled back into bed and Erik went without me. I felt awful - that I missed the trip, that Erik had to go alone, that I didn't get to spend time with his family, that my head was imploding.

The whole morning I was in so much pain I couldn't even sleep. Once my meds kicked in the pain and nausea went away enough so I could nap. Or rather, slip into a coma for most of the day. I woke up in the afternoon, just before my mom brought Lisey home. I spent the rest of the day letting her watch TV since I just felt too bad to do anything. I ended up finally taking a Tylenol 3 and that took the edge of the pain.

Today was a little bit better - still a little nauseated but somewhat functional. I let Erik sleep in this morning but by about 11 I couldn't take it anymore, and went back to bed. I slept until 4. Erik's been super good with the kids and even did the grocery shopping and picked up dinner.

I had phased out one of my daily meds but I am going to have to go back on it. This migraine was so bad that my meds barely touched it. Ugh ugh ugh.

No comments: