Monday, November 3, 2008

Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew Eeeeewwww!

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie.

First I look on the porch to find not one, not two, but yes... THREE dead mice, all neatly lined up. Charlie was busy apparently.

But then, Ooooh then. Lisey tells me that she thinks Charlie has a tick on his neck. So I take a look and see what might be a scrape? I take a closer look and as I am trying to get all the hair out of the way when it EXPLODES.

Charlie apparently had a bite on his neck that had abscessed. Pus was literally flowing out of it. It smelled absolutely putrid. I was trying to clean it up while at the same time trying to hold my breath and not barf. I got most of the nastiness out and then washed it as well as I could and just slathered the hell out of it with Neosporin.

I checked it out again this morning and it was still pretty damn nasty but at least it wasn't oozing everywhere. Ick ick ick.

I checked him all over and found another set of bites under his chin. They looked okay. I don't know what the hell Charlie tangled with, but I'd hate to see the other animal!!

No comments: